EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Glenda Carvalho Sell is a Certified Family Law Specialist certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. Raised in South America and Minnesota, Glenda received her J.D. from the University of Davis, King Hall School of Law in 2004. She began her family law career during law school: first representing litigants at the U.C. Davis Family Protection Clinic followed by an internship at the Yolo County Family Law Facilitator’s office.
After law school, Glenda practiced family law in Sonoma County at Perry, Johnson, Anderson, Miller & Moskowitz from 2005 to 2011. She then joined the family law department at Geary, Shea, O’Donnell, Grattan & Mitchell from 2011 to 2015. She now has her own practice based in Sausalito, California.
Glenda has represented family law clients in courts throughout the Bay Area. She handles all aspects of cases from initial case-planning, to Requests for Order, discovery, mediation, contested hearings, settlement, and trial. She has in-depth experience with high-value, complex family law matters, including trials ranging from one to over thirty days. She also mediates family law cases and consults with clients in mediation.
Glenda lives in the North Bay with her husband, daughter, and two dogs.
The word "carvalho" means "oak tree" in Portuguese
Glenda is responsive, reliable, and empathic. She understands that clients often find the dissolution process overwhelming and stressful. Reaching resolution requires focus, creative problem-solving, perspective, and good humor. Glenda is also mindful of the financial impact of divorce and helps clients balance the competing factors of outcome and cost.
Glenda works with clients to create case management plans that help bring clarity and order to an unfamiliar process. When issues arise, her focus is on understanding the client’s objectives, strategic problem-solving, and identifying favorable solutions.
• University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law – Juris Doctor, 2004
• Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar, Granada, Spain, 1998-1999
• Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Oregon – B.A. International Affairs and Hispanic Studies, 1996
• Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile, 1994
• Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina, 1993
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
• Member, State Bar of California
• Member, State Bar of California, Family Law Division
• Member, Marin County Bar Association
• Member, Sonoma County Bar Association
• Associate Member, CalCPA
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
• American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Trial Practicum, San Francisco, CA, 2010
• CFLR Advanced Family Law Course, 2011
• CFLR Family Law Experts Series: Trial Advocacy, 2012
• CFLR Family Law Experts Series: Evidence, 2013
• CFLR Family Law Experts Series: Complex Financial Matters, 2014